Looking to make your home beautiful this fall? Although the pretty colors of spring and summer are gone, it doesn’t mean your home has to be bare, consider these top ideas to make your yard or front porch turn heads.
- Decorate with corn husks or stalks. A beautiful corn husk garland would look nice draped around your entrance way. Corn stalks are great for accentuating the posts of the porch, next to the doorway or on a light post in the yard.
- Use Pumpkins for things other than carving. Pumpkins can be used in so many ways during the fall. Consider placing them up the staircase, painting your house numbers on them or filling up a wagon on the front porch.
- Try Hay Bales for seating. Create a comfy corner in your yard or front porch out of hay bales. On a nice night, bring out some warm blankets and some hot chocolate and watch the stars from your hay bale seating or catch up with friends.
- Provide a pop of color with Mums. Mums come in a variety of colors, so pick the colors that you want for your yard and decorate any way you wish. Mums can be planted in containers, in the ground or used just as is lining your stairway.
- Mix in some gourds with your décor. Pile up some gourds in an old basket next to the door for a little extra fall feeling. Use them in window boxes mixed with mums or ornamental kale.
This is by far most gardener’s favorite time of year to decorate with the fun items found only once a year. We at Arapahoe landscaping love to use these items when working with our residential customers.